Monday, March 2, 2009

Does Losing Weight Have To Be Complicated

A schematic showing the make-up of a plate of ...Image via Wikipedia

Let me begin this article by stating the obvious, some diet plans make losing weight so difficult that it takes a highly educated person to follow their plan. Then when you fail they can explain the failure away by saying that you did not follow the plan correctly. This is BS! Losing weight does not have to be complicated. You simply need to eat the right foods at the right intervals.

Over the years I personally have dealt with fluctuating weight. I also have family members and friends that have dealt with the trauma and stigma of feeling less than perfect because they are or have been overweight. The worst part is that many so called diet programs are scams.

They do nothing to educate the participants about how to lose the fat, instead they only teach the individuals to blindly follow the program. This might work if the participants had no mind of their own, but we are individuals and we think for ourselves. The programs are not able to insert a script into our brains that tells us what exactly to eat and what not to eat.

If you are content with a program that sends you a month supply of food and that is all that you eat, then I tip my hat to you. But I am an individual and I have my own preferences and I questions things. I want to know why I am doing things.

I understand that such programs are trying to make losing weight less complicated…but I am not a robot. I want choices. Teach me to fish, do not give me a fish.

What you really need to learn is all about metabolism. Metabolism is what regulates the way the human body uses food. When you are armed with that knowledge you can then make informed choices about your food and when you eat your meals.

You will learn that it is all about eating the right foods at the right intervals. Do not fall into the trap of a dependence on a program that you will need in order to lose weight. Instead, purchase one that teaches you how to eat properly. You will then have the lifetime skills needed to maintain your weight and health.





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: