Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Fat Trap - STRESS!

2009 started off with a bang for me - and it was not a good sort of bang! Really - you will think I am making this up but every word you are about to read is true!

Here's my story:

My mom died of ovarian cancer on Jan. 13th. Mom was buried on Jan. 17th. She had suffered with the disease for two years.

My husband's best friend of 30 years died on Jan. 18th. He was diagnosed with cancer on the same day that my mom died.

On Jan.19th my new grandson was born.

I happen to live in Louisville, KY and as you probably know, we were hit hard by the recent winter ice storm. My power was out for days - the power lines were pulled down from my home. That meant that after the utility company restored power to my area my home had to be disconnected in order that electricians could repair my lines.

During the mist of the ice storm my daughter's home caught on fire. So now my daughter and my two oldest grandchildren are living with me.

Well, I think that about covers my year so far! I am hoping that my family has received its share of bad luck for the next several years in this short period of time.

Anyway, you would think that with all that stress I would not think about food but guess what - I sometimes find food comforts me. You guessed it, over the past three weeks I have gained about 4 pounds.

Okay - I realize that 4 pounds is not a lot but I also know that I have to get back to paying more attention to what I eat, how much I eat, and when I eat. I am going to start today.

I will be posting about my progress. The first thing I need to do is get all of the chips out of my house - chips are my true weakness. I love salty foods and I love quick snacks - go figure!

I'm stopping for now but I will be updating the blog about my progress.

I hope you and yours are well!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: