Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Day - New Beginning!

Yesterday did not go exactly as it should have - I slipped again!

I knew I shouldn't do it but I decided I wanted something to eat...I thought for awhile about what that should be. I looked at the bowl of fruit on the counter and knew that I did not want fresh fruit. I thought about having a salad - even a deluxe salad but I decided that really was not what I wanted either.

The whole time my mind was on the bag of chips hiding in the cupboard. Okay - to make a long story short, I gave in, I grabbed the bag of chips and ate way too many.

I know that I shouldn't have them in the house - I KNOW THAT - but I really have trouble avoiding them in the grocery stores.

I know most everyone has a similar weakness - a sort of addiction to a particular food item. I also know that I TEACH others to never allow those foods in the home or if you do to limit the amount that you eat. I also teach that if you really feel a strong desire for such a food to go ahead and indulge.

So I indulged and now I feel guilty - but I have to admit that I am still thinking about how great those chips tasted!

Tomorrow I will not eat chips - tomorrow I will not eat chips - tomorrow I will not eat chips...........................................................................

Am I the only one that is obsessed with chips?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: