Monday, November 17, 2008

Make Your Home Diet Friendly

When we decide to go on a diet or weight management program we have to be committed. In this day and age it takes a strong commitment because temptations lurk everywhere.

This includes the little gas station around the corner, the restaurant where you eat lunch, the vending machines, magazine ads, commercials, and many other places. Obviously you cannot avoid all temptations. Therefore you need a plan. I'm serious, planning will help you get through those times.

But more than that you need to make your home a safe place that is free from temptations.That's right, I am talking about cleaning your home out of all things that tempt you. Do not buy anything that you know you should not eat.

I know what you are thinking - when you are working on losing weight you should still be able to indulge on occasion - that can actually boost your efforts in the long run. That is still true but if you are forced to leave your home to purchase that special treat you will have more time to think about it. You are more likely to make wiser decisions that way!

A quick tip, when you do decide to indulge - only purchase enough of that treat for a one-time serving!

I am forcing myself to go out to purchase any of those salty snacks that I love so much! Since it is cold outside and I am basically a home-body I have avoided the temptation lately.

Best of luck to you.

No comments: