Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lose Fat By Incorporating Activity Into Your Lifestyle

Exercise routines do not have to be part of a weight loss plan. Really! There are simple ways to incorporate small lifestyle changes which increase your daily physical activity level; these changes tend to stick with you for the long-term making lasting changes rather than a quick fix that is soon forgotten.

I have never liked exercising. I have avoided for all it was worth. I am not athletic and I do not want to be. I do not like competition. I have made it a point in life to only to compete with myself; my goal is only to do better than I have done before.

The only reason that this is even an issue is that I need to lose some weight and it has been suggested that I exercise to help shed the pounds. When I protested saying that I hate to exercise it was suggested that I play some sports.

But eventually I found a book that talked about the importance of working physical activity into your daily life. In other words, this book said it was more important to find ways to incorporate little things into your life that add even a small amount of activity than it is to try to add something huge like a few hours at the gym per week.

I know that sounds crazy so I will explain the rational. First of all most people that start a new membership at a gym do not stick with it very long. They may be there religiously for the first few weeks but that usually slacks off by the second month and by the third month it is likely that they will not even show up.

But what if you make small adjustments to your life. Something as small as changing the channel on the TV by hand instead of using the remote. Or how about parking as far away from buildings as the parking lots allow instead of looking for close spots; with small adjustments you can make big changes in your metabolism.

Your metabolism rate is really what determines how fast or how slowly your food is absorbed. So if you can learn to change a few small things in your life in order to speed up your metabolism you are likely to see some big changes in your weight and fat loss. All of this can happen without any real sacrifices on your part.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: